These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all deliveries from WI23 to consumers.
A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that can predominantly be attributed neither to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity.
The purchase contract is concluded with Paderborn University (UPB). Pursuant to Art. 20, 21 BayHSchG, UPB, as a state institution and self-governing body under public law, is represented externally by the President.
Conclusion of contract
- The presentation of the products in the online store does not constitute a legally binding offer, but only an invitation to order.
- By clicking the button [Buy/order with costs] you place a binding order for the goods listed on the order page. Your purchase contract is concluded when we accept your order by sending an order confirmation by e-mail immediately after receiving your order.
- The registration for participation is binding.
- Cancellations must be indicated by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Should you cancel your registration up to 30 days before the start of the event, 75% of the fees will be refunded. In all other cases, your financial obligations remain fully valid.
- In exceptional cases, you may designate a person to attend the conference in your place. Should you wish to make use of this option, you must notify us by letter or e-mail no later than 7 days before the conference.
- The registration fee is due immediately upon registration, payment is only possible by credit card.
- The right to participate is subject to full payment of the registration fee.
- We reserve the right to change the conference program.
- If the event has to be cancelled for reasons of force majeure, your fees will be refunded. There are no further obligations of the organizer towards the participant. On the other hand, registrations remain valid if the event has to be postponed.
- Important: Please do not cancel your payment yourself via the credit card used, as you will then have to pay considerable fees for “chargebacks” (usually around 40 €), whereas a refund by the organizer is usually free of charge. Most of the time you will even get back the payment/banking fees. If you have already cancelled your payment in this way, we ask that you reverse this cancellation so that we can refund the payment.
UPB and its legal representatives shall be liable, including non-contractually, only for intent and gross negligence. This does not affect liability for damages arising from injury to life, limb, health or material contractual obligations. No liability is assumed for items brought into the premises. UPB assumes no liability for the topicality, correctness, completeness and quality of the information provided. UPB expressly reserves the right to change the information at any time and without prior notice. Liability claims against UPB for damages of a material or immaterial nature arising from access to or use or non-use of the published information, misuse of the connection or technical UPB lts are excluded to the extent permitted by law. UPB has not reviewed any third-party websites, i.e. websites not located on its servers or within its sphere of influence, which may be linked to this website via hyperlinks, and does not accept any responsibility for their content, products, services or other offers. Should individual provisions or formulations of this disclaimer be or become invalid, this shall not affect the content or validity of the remaining provisions.
Cancellation and changes to the event
UPB reserves the right to substitute another speaker if an announced speaker is unable to attend.
- In exceptional cases, the conference may be cancelled at least two weeks before the start of the conference, even after confirmation of participation has been received (e.g. if the number of participants is too low or due to force majeure).
- In the event of cancellation, conference fees already paid will be refunded.
- Liability for reimbursement of hotel and/or travel costs, loss of work or other damages incurred by the customer is excluded.
The EU Commission has created an Internet platform for online dispute resolution. The platform serves as a contact point for the out-of-court settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations arising from online purchase contracts. More information is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
Photos and filming during the event
Photos and/or film recordings are to be made during the event. The recordings will be used exclusively for reporting on the event as well as for public relations and will be published in print and online media of the University of Paderborn.
Participants of the event have the right and the possibility to inform the photographers at any time that they do not want to be recorded. If specific pictures are taken of individual persons, the photographers will obtain consent for the recording and its use.