These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) apply to all deliveries from WI23 to consumers.
A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for a purpose that can predominantly be attributed neither to his commercial nor to his independent professional activity.
The purchase contract is concluded with Paderborn University (UPB). Pursuant to Art. 20, 21 BayHSchG, UPB, as a state institution and self-governing body under public law, is represented externally by the President.
Conclusion of contract
- The presentation of the products in the online store does not constitute a legally binding offer, but only an invitation to order.
- By clicking the button [Buy/order with costs] you place a binding order for the goods listed on the order page. Your purchase contract is concluded when we accept your order by sending an order confirmation by e-mail immediately after receiving your order.
Right to withdraw
- If you are a consumer (i.e. a natural person who places the order for a purpose that cannot be attributed to your commercial or independent professional activity), you have a right of withdrawal in accordance with the statutory provisions
- If you, as a consumer, make use of your right of revocation pursuant to Section 4.1, you shall bear the regular costs of the return shipment.
In all other respects, the right of revocation shall be governed by the provisions set forth in detail in the following.
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has or has taken possession of the goods.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us [enter the name of the entrepreneur, address and, if available, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address] by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from this contract.
To comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of revocation before the expiry of the revocation period.
Consequences of withdrawal
If you withdraw this contract, we shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the most favorable standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and no later than within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your revocation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment. We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us without undue delay and in any case no later than within fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the revocation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You will only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to a handling of the goods that is not necessary for checking the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
– End of cancellation policy –
(¹ This cancellation policy does not apply to the separate delivery of goods).
UPB and its legal representatives shall be liable, including non-contractually, only for intent and gross negligence. This does not affect liability for damages arising from injury to life, limb, health or material contractual obligations. No liability is assumed for items brought into the premises. UPB assumes no liability for the topicality, correctness, completeness and quality of the information provided. UPB expressly reserves the right to change the information at any time and without prior notice. Liability claims against UPB for damages of a material or immaterial nature arising from access to or use or non-use of the published information, misuse of the connection or technical UPB lts are excluded to the extent permitted by law. UPB has not reviewed any third-party websites, i.e. websites not located on its servers or within its sphere of influence, which may be linked to this website via hyperlinks, and does not accept any responsibility for their content, products, services or other offers. Should individual provisions or formulations of this disclaimer be or become invalid, this shall not affect the content or validity of the remaining provisions.
Cancellation and changes to the event
- Cancellation and changes to the event
UPB reserves the right to substitute another speaker if an announced speaker is unable to attend.
- In exceptional cases, the conference may be cancelled at least two weeks before the start of the conference, even after confirmation of participation has been received (e.g. if the number of participants is too low or due to force majeure).
- In the event of cancellation, conference fees already paid will be refunded.
- Liability for reimbursement of hotel and/or travel costs, loss of work or other damages incurred by the customer is excluded.
The EU Commission has created an Internet platform for online dispute resolution. The platform serves as a contact point for the out-of-court settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations arising from online purchase contracts. More information is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. We are neither willing nor obliged to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.